Monday, September 14, 2009

no rest for the weary


While my daughter screams in the other room for the umteenth time, I stare up at the clock... it's 20 minutes past midnight... I'm starting to understand why the mothers of old used a little rum on their kids bottles at night.

Sleep plays a huge impact on your health... agree? With my little sleeping beauty I have soooo much less energy... thus less exercise... thus less energy...and so on, you get the idea. So I think we need to focus on sleep. Despite the crazy schedule my daughter has me on, I'm still going to try to get 6+ hours a day! I just know it will make a difference... either that, or we can stop calling her 'princess' and have to settle for 'rummy' :)

extra research (you know the scientific kind) to support my exhausted ramblings... check this article out - pretty upfront but a good read
http://www.thedietchannel.com/Weight-Loss-and-Sleep.htm

3 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I can totally relate to the lack of sleep. With seven children I have been through this so many years I almost forget what it feels like to sleep through the night.

My two year old just started sleeping through the night a few months ago. But then often times someone else wakes up!

Take care. I missed your last post, revolution. I think you have made some really good points. I'm in your corner!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that picture is priceless - definitely good bribery material for when she's dating!

Yum Yucky said...

haha! Love the pic.

I need exactly 7 hours. Too little and I'm no good - like I've got a hangover or something. Too much, and my back hurts from laying down too long. (as if there's an abundance of opportunities for too much sleep with 4 critter kids in the house)