Sunday, August 9, 2009

New week same stinkin' goal.....

This week's goal - major failure I stunk!!! So what does that mean? I'll keep at it till I can do it:0) 15 minutes a day.... at least until I'm consistent

So for those of you who don't know... I've been talking about the Utah Valley marathon for next summer being my "made it" goal. I have always believed you should set goals based on effort not always performance, because your body can plateau even though you are doing what you should... you may not always see the results your looking for... so I have set some very specific goals to track my own success, and the mother of them all....the marathon next june!!!!

Now for those of you who think a year is far away and I'm setting my sights low... you should know that I did a 2 mile run today and I had to walk almost ALL of it... trust me I'll be needing the whole year!!!

I'd love to hear from anyone who's run one....any advice?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Natalie! Great idea on the blog!~ Are you serious about a marathon?? Like TWENTY SIX POINT TWO miles??? Anyway, I LOVE the Kashi GoLean waffles! I crush up strawberries and Aunt Jemima butter lite syrup...yummmm!

Unknown said...

Okay. Um, we both know how I feel about running... My advice to you is alternate workouts. It works different parts of the body and keeps it interesting. My fav's? Windsor Pilates and Turbo Jam (and of course, walking). I've lost over 10 pounds with these. The pilates gets you lean and limber and the Turbo Jam is fun and great cardio. LOVE YOU! Have fun with the running... ick. ;)

beej said...

Wow, a marathon! That's great. One of my goals like that is a 5k in earlt 2010 and a 10k next summer. You've certainly go tme beat! :)